Friday, February 6, 2009

Devon

It's amazing what can happen in your life if you just give it some time. Think about it. Take a moment and think about all the things you have done within the past week, the past month, the past few months, the past year. I started this blog with the intention of creating a memento for posterity's sake. I wanted something where I could record my thoughts and which I could use to track my growth as an individual. I have a pretty good idea as to why I stopped using this thing. Scratch that, there was no one singularity that had caused me to stop blogging. Be it lazyness, business, distraction, or the fact that I just plain lost interest, I had stopped. That much is true. But therein contains another truth. One that is more fact than conjecture.

So much has happened since my last post.

My last post was dated at October 3, 2008. Since then, I have aged to 25. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years have all come and gone. A semester of school had ended and another one has just begun. The country had elected Barack Obama as its 44th President, the first African-American President in the history of the country. My car's odometer has just rolled over to 60000 miles, and...

I now have a girlfiend.

A lot of things can happen very quickly and can often create a maelstrom of our lives if we are not careful. Growth and change can either be a wonderful or catastrophic inevitability, events that can really mold a person and form their character to show who they really are.

Last Sunday, I had a photoshoot with a baby of two of my friends. Now, babies can be tricky to shoot. Their personality alone works against the photographer; babies are easily the most selfish creatures to ever exist. You can't tell them what to do, you have to work around their schedule, you have to bend over backwards just to make them smile or look your way, and when they're done, they're done. However, if you can get past these pitfalls, babies can be very rewarding to shoot. With babies, every side is their good side. Their skin is absolutely flawless and everything about them is soft.

We all started that way. But as time wore on, life has ways of changing that. Things happen that takes our perfect complexion and creates scars and calluses. Our hands that were once so soft becomes cracked and weathered. Our feet that were once so cute and chubby become callused and rough. Overall, life takes our soft skin and makes it tough, sometimes going so far as to create a shell.

That fact makes me wonder what will happen to this baby as he grows. What will the world of tomorrow hold for someone like him? What kind of a world are we going to leave him when it's time for him to take control, and what kind of a legacy are we going to leave behind? Only time will tell, I guess, so for now, enjoy his soft skin.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

2 comments:

Natasha Angela Gregorio said...

That baby sure is priceless! The pictures are wonderful Dun, and I'm happy for you! =]

Laurence Asuncion said...

Thanks, Natasha Fierce!