Monday, May 25, 2009

Analogue Love

Presenting the Yashica Mat-124 G Medium Format Twin-Lens Reflex Camera!

...

...

...

Isn't it cute?

I found this baby at the Randolph Street Market Festival last Sunday. Well, truth be told, I can't take all the credit. I had previously visited the vendor where this camera was sitting and had totally passed it over. It wasn't until Meng went back with me to check out the vendor did I see this camera.

I couldn't believe I actually found one.

I had been wanting to experiment with medium format film for quite some time now, but I never mustered up the minerals to buy a medium format camera. Even when I was face to face with this camera, Meng had to be the one to convince me to buy it. She's so sweet and supportive that she had even offered to give me money to buy it if I didn't have enough on me =)

So, here goes nothing. My first three rolls are Black and White 120 film that I picked up from Urban Outfitters (Memorial Day so Calumet was closed). I'm thinking about doing my own processing later so I could hopefully cut costs, but that's another adventure for another time.

Specs:
Top Lens: Yashinon 80mm f/2.8
Bottom Lens: Yashinon 80mm f/3.5
Shutter Speed: 1/500 to Bulb
Focus 1m (3.3ft) to infinity
Can handle 120 and 220 medium format film

No comments: