Monday, April 28, 2008

GBE Prom 2008

A few weeks ago, I was asked by a couple of friends to shoot their prom pictures and last Saturday was the shoot. The location was Lilacia Park in Lombard and the time was late afternoon. This is really only the second time I have done a location shoot and, really, only the second time I had EVER done a shoot, so I was feeling pretty anxious to get it going. When I got there, apparently a lot of other people had the same idea. A LOT. Despite this, I knew that the only people I wanted to see through my view finder were my subjects for the day, Ralph and Janelle. They had chosen a very nice location for the shoot. The park itself had some very nice features. It had scattered groves of flora along with a fountain, green house, generous tree canopies, brick-paved trails and well maintained lawns. It was also right next to a train station and near the heart of downtown Lombard. Though, most of the flowers hadn't bloomed yet and the temperature didn't want to peak above the low fifties, we were still able to take advantage of the scenery of the park. I took pictures for about an hour using a Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f1.8, and Canon Speedlite 580EX II. Post processing was done using Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS3. Here are a few pictures that came out of that afternoon. The rest of the set can be seen on my flickr by clicking here (look under "Shoots").

...
[Janelle]

...
[Ralph]

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Thank you again to Ralph and Janelle for asking me to do this and for putting up with my bossiness.

No comments: