Friday, May 23, 2008

Graham School of Nursing Graduation 2008

I guess it's about time I update.

Busy, busy, busy. It seems like every year, there are always two major date spans that are major sources of stress. I'm not talking about having an increase in occurrences of deep sighs. I'm talking about freak-out, hair-pulling, waking-up-more-tired-than-when-you-went-to-sleep type stress. The stress that comes only from chronic anxiety, from even though you've planned weeks in advanced, things still turn south faster than you can keep up. You know that stress. It's the same stress that makes you lose(or gain) ten pounds and forces you to wear clothes that makes laundry day seem like every day. The two time spans that I'm talking about? I’m talking about Christmas for one, and basically the month of May for another. The month is just over two-thirds over, but I've been to three graduations, one concert, one camp meeting, one banquet/photo shoot and one church photo shoot. Two of those graduations I had to travel over two hours for and in both of those graduations I had arrived thirty minutes late. I had to coordinate a song service, and I'm doing another one tonight. I'm in charge of adult Sabbath School tomorrow and I'm still not 100% ready. Oh, and I almost destroyed a $600 light set-up. Coming up, I still have my sister's graduation and I have to help my sister send out invites for the graduation as well as design an invite for her pending graduation party. I've skipped out on various house parties so I could get my stuff together, but I know there are going to be a lot more coming up.

Actually, compared to past years, this wasn't all that bad. I got to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a while and got to see places I've never been to before. I was able to try some new techniques with my camera that I've never been able to try until recently and I'm really getting a lot of chances to flex my creative side. So, I guess I can finally take some time out now to put everything I've done on my virtual ledger. Starting with photos from two of my friends' graduation!

Graham School of Nursing is a small nursing school located in Canton, IL, a small town about two-and-a-half hours south west of Chicago. The trips to Andrews University aside, this is the first road-trip I've been in, in a while. The graduation was slated to start at 7 PM, May 16, 2008, and I convinced three of my friends to drive with me. Actually, there were quite a few of us headed to the graduation, but instead of caravaning it up, we all decided to travel at different times. In my car, I drove with Randy, Irv, and Louie. There were three other families that made it as well.

Even though we left thirty minutes late, got caught in traffic, stopped for gas and some food and showed up thirty minutes late, we were still able to see most of the ceremony. After the ceremony, we had dinner at Flat Top Grill then made the drive that night back home, though my friend Louie drove. So, congratulations to Zabdiel and Sharon for making it through the program! Here are some of the pictures I left Canton with. More pictures can be found here.

Day Trippers

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

No comments: